Matilda’s Blanket Panels are constructed using a unique six part lamination of high-tech materials. With the sealed air gap between the wall and the panel, the system provides heat, sound and fire insulation well beyond regulatory standards.
Matilda's Blanket System
How it works
- A vapour control membrane is applied to the existing wall overlapping the floor, ceiling, and adjacent walls to create an air tight seal.
- Special tracks are then fixed to the floor, ceiling and side walls and Matilda’s Blanket Panels are installed into these tracks
- New electrical fittings are already pre-mounted in the panels – and the plug and play system enables easy connection.
- The panels are designed and built off-site – each one specially tailored to fit the wall in that room – making the installation both incredibly fast and very simple.
- Special dampers at the foot of each panel are adjusted to lock the panels into position and put the wall into compression.
- The special laminate panels use leading edge insulation materials. When combined with the air gap between the panel and the wall, it creates a uniquely effective insulation system.
Technical and Credentials
- Matilda’s Blanket has been tested by the UKAS approved National Physical Laboratory and shown to deliver a remarkable insulation u-value of 0.28
- The systems performance has been verified as part of a Solid Wall Insulation Trial with the Energy Savings Trust
- Air tightness was also tested and shown to improve by 35%
- The System is Fully BBA Approved, and ECO and Green Deal compliant
- Panel lamination includes a highinsulation foam core and three separate layers of air-tight, vapour control membrane. The wall is covered in an additional membrane layer, and a 15mm air gap is created between the panel and the wall